All Saints Church Gobowen was consecrated in June 1928. Previously the Parish Church was St Barnabas Hengoed, so Gobowen became a daughter church. The parish was in the Diocese of St Asaph prior to the disestablishment of the Welsh church when it became part of the Diocese of Lichfield.
The chancel and the main part of the nave were erected first, including a vestry at the east end. Then the west end was added, a tower in 1935, and a belfry in 1948. In December 1979 it was burned down and all that was left was the choir vestry, four walls and tower. It was rebuilt and in October 1981 rededicated by the Bishop of Lichfield.
It is worth noting the East Window which was designed by Lawrence Lee, and also the West Window which was donated from a redundant church near London in memory of a previous incumbent and his wife. The Royal coat of Arms was removed from St Barnabas Hengoed when it was declared redundant. Also worth noting is the Maquette of the Virgin Mary and child given in memory of a member of the congregation who worked for many years at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District hospital, which lies within the parish. The Millennium window is also worthy of mention since many of the congregation contributed to the painting and design. The Reredos of the Last Supper was also given by the parish for the Millennium.